About This Site
Where do you look when you need basic information, key facts, talking points and stories about regulatory issues? Hopefully, you’re looking right here.
In 2015, CSS revamped, modernized, updated and expanded our website with one goal in mind: to help you understand the case for strong and effective regulation.
Most of the features from the old site have been updated and streamlined. A number of exciting new features have been added to help you learn more about regulatory issues and advocate for a better regulatory system.
- Issue Pages. The major bills, rules and trade deals CSS supports and opposes now have dedicated pages where relevant resources are indexed. Each page includes…
- A brief description of the policy and CSS’ official position on it,
- An embedded Govtrack widget (when applicable),
- Links to action items (when applicable),
- Social media resources and related hashtags (when available),
- Links to resources from CSS and CSS partners: press releases, fact sheets and letters,
- Links to useful media clips and opinion pieces, and
- Links to related reports, polls, blogs and interactive resources (when applicable).
- The Case for Regulation. Contains basic information about regulation and talking points on specific issues to help you make the case for commonsense safeguards.
- The Story Bank. Regulatory successes and deregulatory failures powerfully affect the lives of American workers, families, businesses and communities. These are their stories. Read the latest entries or search by story type, issue, location, agency, policy, date and keyword.
- Polls. Voters in both parties strongly support regulations and trust federal agencies to look out for the public.
- Partner Resources. Links to and short descriptions of interactive tools, maps, directories and databases related to regulatory issues.
- Advanced Search. Search the CSS site by page type, issue, location, date, policy, agency and keyword.
- The Homepage. Now features a slideshow with important and topical content, links to key pages and issues we’re working on, the most recent blogs from CSS partners and the latest regulatory news.
- Outreach to Policymakers. An index of all the letters CSS has sent to Congress, federal agencies and trade representatives to influence policy. Whenever possible, bill names and numbers are included in the page titles, making it easier to find what you’re looking for.
- Fact Sheets and Press Releases. Where you’ll find vital information about many of the issues, bills, rules and trade deals CSS has worked on. Again, bill names and numbers are in the page titles to ease your search.
- Reports and Studies. Grouped by category and sorted chronologically.
- The Blog. Updated daily with blogs from coalition partners. You can also view the blogs By Topic.
- Member List. Who is in the coalition? Here you’ll find the most up-to-date list with links to member homepages.
- Experts List. Now includes bios. Here’s where you can find their Congressional Testimony.
- Regulatory News. The best media clips on regulatory issues, updated daily and automatically archived.